To celebrate National Tequila Day today (July 24th) the folks at El Torito gave us a step-by-step guide on how to make our own margaritas at home so we can celebrate right!
Ralph Ortiz, the Director of Beverages at El Torito, demonstrated how to make the restaurant’s ‘skinny’ margarita from scratch.
How to make a fresh margarita from scratch:
1. Fill a glass with ice
2. Pour a shot (or desired amount) of 1800 Silver Tequila
3. Add fresh-squeezed lime juice using 1 and 1/2 limes
4. Add a splash of sugar-free simple syrup
5. Shake up the mixture in a shaker glass
6. Pour in a margarita glass and top it off with a splash of French Orange cognac liquor
And voila! You have yourself a guilt-free drink to help get over the hump and celebrate National Tequila Day!